A bunch of butter
My parents had a party while we were visiting and as part of that one of the guests put a bowl of buns with a bowl of butter (resting on top of the buns) on the ground. Chompsky walked up, grabbed the butter, and then left with his prize. He wouldn’t drop it but instead chewed it all up and swallowed it. Up to that point he was being really good at the party, and I can’t really blame him for eating butter someone put on the ground.
Anyway he didn’t throw up or have bad poop or anything, so apparently it agreed with him, and I look forward to his shinier-than-normal coat in the coming weeks.